- Anime Club
- Teen Advisory Group
- Online Book Club
- Special Programs
The library has lots of cool programs, materials and services just for teens! Including:
- Books, magazines, audiobooks, graphic novels and manga available in the Young Adult section at the main library, plus Young Adult book sections at Danville, Fredericktown and Gambier branches; Search our online catalog;
- 3 Free MP3 Music Downloads per week!
- Digital ebooks and audiobooks that you can download using the Internet;
- An online bookclub;
- Facebook and Twitter accounts so you can stay informed;
- Anime Club @ the main branch;
- Special Programs @ the main branch;
- Teen Advisory Group (TAG) where you can volunteer to help shape teen services @ the library;
- Summer Reading Program
- Online resources to help you do homework, improve academic skills, learn a foreign language, take an online course for fun, and prepare for college and careers;
- Chat with or text a librarian 24/7.
Download Henna Tattoo Permission Form
Summer Reading Online Registration
Click on a date on the calendar or an event in the list for more information. For a full page calendar with all upcoming Teen Events, click here.
(Calendar events are subject to change. Please check back frequently to confirm an event.)
Teen Anime Club meets once a month during the school year on a Saturday from 2-4 P.M. to watch an anime film. You do not have to sign up or register for the club; just come! You will meet lots of people who love anime! We have snacks and giveaways too! Click on the "Calendar" tab above to see when the next meeting is. Anime Club is open to anyone in grades 6-12!
Volunteer for Teen Advisory Group (TAG) at the library to help plan events, suggest materials and more! Get volunteer experience that looks great on college, job and National Honors Society applications. TAG meets once a month during the school year (no meeting in December or May) for snacks and conversation with the teen librarian. Click on the "Calendar" tab above to find out the date of the next meeting and give it a try. A short application is required, along with a parent signature. You may fill out the application at your first meeting or download one here. Got questions? Call Beth Hoeffgen @ (740) 392-2665, ext. 247.
Join the library's online teen book club to receive portions of the weekly book in your email Monday-Friday. By Friday, you will have read the first 1 or 2 chapters. If you like the book, you can click on the link to our catalog in the email and reserve it! This is a great way to find fantastic new reads! "Paw" the image to begin!
The Main Library has special programs in crafting and gaming. Craft programs involve making something unique to take home. Gaming programs include playing on the Wii and Xbox 360 with Kinect and also playing board or trading card games if desired. Click on the "Calendar" tab above to see when the next Craft or Game event is scheduled. Call Beth @ (740) 392-BOOK, ext. 247 for more information or to suggest a program.